NEWS 190419 ABOUT ExTiX Deepin
I’ve released a new version of ExTiX Deepin today (190419). This ExTiX Build is based on Deepin 15.9.3 (not yet officially released by Deepin Technology).
NEW FUNCTIONS etc:
1. The ISO has decreased from 1860 MB to 1560 MB, which makes it easier to run ExTiX from RAM. Use boot alternative 3 (load to RAM) or Advanced. A wonderful way to run Linux if you have enough RAM. Everything will be super fast. When ExTiX has booted up you can remove the DVD or USB stick.
2. You will have the opportunity to choose language before you enter the Deepin 15.9.3 Desktop. All main languages are supported.
3. I have replaced Deepin Installer with the Reborn version of Deepin Installer. Better in every way.
4. I have replaced kernel 5.0.7 with kernel 5.0.8 (5.0.8-extix), which was released 190417.
NEWS 190416 ABOUT ExTiX Deepin 19.4
I’ve released a new version of ExTiX Deepin today with Refracta Snapshot and kernel 5.0.7-extix. Deepin 15.9.2 (latest version) is made in China. Deepin is devoted to providing a beautiful, easy to use, safe and reliable system for global users. Previous versions of ExTiX Deepin were based on Debian and Ubuntu. ExTiX 19.4 is a live build of Deepin 15.9.2 BETA, which is based on Debian unstable. All packages have been updated to the latest available version as of today. Study all installed packages in ExTiX Deepin 19.4 Build 190419. So ExTiX 19.4 is based on Deepin 15.9.3 BETA and Debian unstable. I may add that there is no other live version of Deepin 15.9.3/15.9.2.
The Ultimate Linux System
I’ve called my different versions of ExTiX The Ultimate Linux System for many years by now. As regards ExTiX 19.4 Deepin I feel it’s especially justified. Everything just works.
While running ExTiX Deepin 19.4 live or from hard drive you can use Refracta Snapshot (pre-installed) to create your own live installable Deepin/Debian system. A ten year child can do it!
1. ExTiX Deepin 15.9.3 Desktop
2. ExTiX Deepin being installed in VirtualBox using Refracta Installer
3. ExTiX Deepin login screen (LightDM)
4. Movie showing how to enable Window effects
5. ExTiX boot screen when running live
ExTiX on YouTube
Someone (not me) has published a video about ExTiX Deepin 19.4 on YouTube.
Deepin Screen Recorder
In ExTiX Deepin you can record everything you do. Watch this small video.