NEWS 221218 ABOUT ExTiX Deepin
I’ve released a new version of ExTiX Deepin today (221218). This ExTiX Build is based on Deepin 20.8 released by Deepin Technology 221208. Using Refracta Snapshot (pre-installed in ExTiX) you can make your own live installable Deepin 20.8 version with ExTiX 22.12 as “groundwork”.
NEW FUNCTIONS etc
1. You can run ExTiX from RAM. Use boot alternative 2 (load to RAM) or Advanced. A wonderful way to run Linux if you have enough RAM. Everything will be super fast. When ExTiX has booted up you can remove the DVD or USB stick.
2. You will have the opportunity to choose language before you enter the Deepin 20.8 Desktop. All main languages are supported.
3. I have replaced Deepin Installer with the Reborn version of Deepin Installer. Works better in every way. Watch this movie (slideshow).
4. I have replaced kernel 5.18.1-amd64-exton with kernel 6.1.0-amd64-exton. Corresponding the latest available stable kernel from Kernel.org.
5. Spotify and Skype are pre-installed.
6. You can watch Netflix while running Firefox.
7. You can install ExTiX Deepin also in VirtualBox/VMware using Refracta Installer or Deepin Installer. (In previous versions you had to “chroot” into the install partition and install Grub).
8. Install ExTiX to a USB stick preferably with Rufus or Ventoy in Windows – see below how it looks when I’ve used Ventoy.
9. In version 221218 I’ve also included Refracta Installer. Use it in VirtualBox if you want to have an exact copy of ExTiX Deepin installed. You don’t have to “chroot” to install Grub. Just choose to “Copy Grub files” when asked to. Watch this movie (slideshow).
NOTE1: If you want to remaster ExTiX Deepin you should use Refracta Installer. Using Deepin Installer some necessary packages (including Deepin Installer and Refracta Snapshot) will be removed during the installation process.
NOTE2: You can remaster (i.e. make your own live installable Deepin version) of ExTiX while running ExTiX live (i.e. from a USB stick or a DVD) if your computer has plenty of RAM. I could do that on a computer with 32GB RAM. I then started ExTiX live from RAM.
10. VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed. With those installed you can run ExTiX in full screen in VirtualBox. Watch this screenshot.
I may add that there is no other live version of Deepin 20.8.
1. ExTiX running in full screen in VirtualBox (VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed)
2. ExTiX Deepin 20.8 Desktop
3. ExTiX 22.12 is running in VMware
4. Showing Deepin App Store
5. Showing Deepin Control Center
6. ExTiX running in Qemu in Linux (Ubuntu). NOTE: ExTiX Deepin (and other Linux systems) runs very fast in Qemu (in Linux). Qemu is a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer. Superior to VirtualBox…
Please read (and watch) a full enthusiastic review of ExTiX 22.12…
andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 11 (with GAPPS), AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Android 12, 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at
raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 12 (without GAPPS), RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!
2 thoughts on “ExTiX Deepin 22.12 Live based on Deepin 20.8 (latest) with Refracta Snapshot and kernel 6.1.0-amd64-exton :: Build 221218”
ExTiX 22.12 is now on the front page at DistroWatch.com. That will increase the download numbers!
I must share a review of ExTiX Deepin 22.12.
“ExTiX is gorgeous
ExTiX performs very well
ExTiX is user-friendly
If you’re looking for a beautiful desktop Linux distribution, the ExTiX Deepin edition will certainly fit that bill. And, since this is Linux, — even with the concerns surrounding the Deepin AppStore — there are ways around those issues. Either way, you’ll find ExTiX to be a gorgeous desktop operating system that is easy to use, performs quite well, and is as stable as any desktop out there”.
All according to Trazolan (“a Professional online magazine Platform”) at https://sarnsilp.com/want-deepin-desktop-without-privacy-worries-try-extix-linux/