Linux For All (LFA) Build 230608 with Gnome 44
is a simple remaster of Ubuntu 23.04, code-named Lunar Lobster. It’s a total rebuild. I.e. nothing is left of the old LFA system. NOTE: Ubuntu 23.04 will be supported (only) until January 2024. To be able to upgrade Gnome from version 42.4 to 44 I first had to upgrade Ubuntu from version 22.04 (supported until April 2027) to 23.04.
NEWS ABOUT LFA Build 230608
1. All packages the ordinary Linux user can wish for are pre-installed. Study the full packages list.
2. Kernel 6.4.0-rc4-amd64-exton is used. You can of course switch to Ubuntu’s original kernel if you prefer that.
3. The Desktop environment is Gnome 44. (Ubuntu’s original DE).
4. The main Web Browser is Firefox. So you can watch Netflix!
5. I have included Refracta tools (Refracta Snapshot) to make it possible for you to create your own installable Ubuntu 23.04 Live System once you have installed LFA to hard drive.
6. You can run LFA fast in RAM. Use boot alternative 2 Load to RAM – see below.
7. VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed , which means (among other things) that you can run LFA in VirtualBox in full screen. Watch this screenshot.
What’s new in kernel 6.4?
Screenshot 1 – Running Samba to reach Windows computers
Screenshot 2 – Refracta Installer has ended
Screenshot 3 – Running LFA in VMware
Screenshot 4 – Running in full screen in VirtualBox
andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 11 (with GAPPS), AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Android 13, 12, 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at
raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 13 and 12 (without GAPPS), RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!