ABOUT ExTiX 22.9 – Build 220922
I have made a new version of ExTiX – The Ultimate Linux System. I call it ExTiX 22.9 KDE Anbox Live DVD. (The previous KDE/Anbox version was 21.10 from 211007). I have now included Anbox (Android in a Box – Anbox puts the Android operating system into a container, abstracts hardware access and integrates core system services into a GNU/Linux system. Every Android application will be integrated with your operating system like any other native application). So now you can run Android apps in ExTiX. GAPPS (Google Play Services and Google Play Store) are pre-installed in ExTiX 22.9. The second best thing with ExTiX 22.9 is that while running the system live (from DVD/USB) or from hard drive you can use Refracta Snapshot (pre-installed) to create your own live installable Ubuntu/Anbox system. So easy that a ten year child can do it!
ExTiX 22.9 KDE Plasma DVD 64 bit is based on Debian and Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS. The original system includes the Desktop Environment Gnome. After removing Gnome I have installed KDE Frameworks 5.92.0 with KDE Plasma 5.24.6. KDE Frameworks are 60 addon libraries to Qt which provide a wide variety of commonly needed functionality in mature, peer reviewed and well tested libraries with friendly licensing terms.
The system language is ENGLISH.
Ubuntu’s latest original kernel 5.15.0-47 with binder and ashmem kernel modules needed by Anbox.
NEWS ABOUT ExTiX 22.9 Build 220922 with the KDE Plasma Desktop environment together with Anbox (Android in a Box), Refracta Installer and Refracta Snapshot
1. ExTiX KDE Plasma is based on Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS Jammy Jellyfish. KDE Plasma is used as Desktop environment together with Anbox (Android in a Box). All packages have been updated to the latest version by 220922.
2. I have pre-installed Anbox (Android in a Box) with Google Play Store. So GAPPS (Google Play Services and Google Play Store) are pre-installed in this version of ExTiX. Anbox won’t run live (from a DVD or a USB stick) or in VirtualBox. You will get this error message. That’s because VirtualBox as of yet does NOT support nested virtualization. In this version of ExTiX KDE/Anbox you can run the YouTube app with good video and sound quality. Not with the very best quality, but…
IMPORTANT NOTE: On some computers you may not be able to start Anbox from the menu. If that is the case you shall open up a terminal and run the following two commands:
snap disable anbox && snap enable anbox FOLLOWED by:
Or maybe this command on certain computers: DRI_PRIME=1 anbox.appmgr
3. Other included important/useful packages are: GParted GCC and other compilation tools so that you can install packages from source. Furthermore “all” multimedia codecs. Everything the average Linux user could wish for I would say.
4. VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed, which means (among other things) that you can run ExTiX 22.9 in full screen in VirtualBox. Watch this screenshot.
5. The second best thing with ExTiX 22.9 is that while running the system live (from DVD/USB) or from hard drive you can use Refracta Snapshot (pre-installed) to create your own live installable Ubuntu system. Very easy to do. When starting Refracta Snapshot you will see this.
1. ExTiX Desktop with Anbox running 220922
2. Login to Google Play Store
3. Anbox with Google Play Store running
4. A chess game running in Anbox
5. Anbox running in full screen
6. Spotify is running in Anbox
7. ExTiX 22.9 running in full screen in VirtualBox
andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 11 (with GAPPS), AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Android 12, 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at
raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 12 (without GAPPS), RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!