NEWS 170616 about RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2
A new version of RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 is ready. Most important change: YouTube works very well! The video performance in RaspAnd Build 170616 is generally much better than in build 170605. Example of perfect video quality while running YouTube.
MORE NEWS 170616 ABOUT RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2
I have finally managed to make a version of RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 with GAPPS, which can be installed to a Micro SD card (preferable a class 10 card) in Windows 10 using Win32 Disk Imager. You can alternatively (of course) use the dd-command in a Linux system. Unzip the downloaded file raspand-nougat-7.1.2-gapps-kodi-aptoide-tv-clashofclans-firefox-701mb-170616.zip. Then open a terminal and run the command dd if=raspand-nougat-7.1.2-gapps-kodi-aptoide-tv-clashofclans-firefox-7400mb-170616.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1M
(Change X to b, d or…).
What’s the point with Win32 Disk Imager?
Well, until now you had to have some basic knowledge about Linux to be able to install RaspAnd 7.1.2. Now you don’t need any special knowledge at all! (Just some basic computer knowledge). When you use Win32 Disk Imager it will look like this.
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 170616 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2. I have included the following apps:
1) GAPPS (Google Play Services, but not Google Play Store)
2) Kodi 17.3 (latest version which “allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet”. YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
3) Spotify TV 1.2.0 (working very very well)
4) Rotation Control Pro 1.1.2 (which you may or may not need)
5) Google Play Games 3.9.08 (needed for Clash of Clans to run)
6) Clash of Clans 9.24.9 (working very well!)
7) Gmail 7.4.23
8) Aptoide TV 3.2.1 (for installing new apps – many many apps can be installed!)
9) ES File Explorer Pro 1.0.8 working very well
10) Firefox 54.0 (latest version – working very well)
Screenshot 1 – Nougat boot animation (which you must see during the boot. If not, the installation was unsuccessful)
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – Kodi running
Screenshot 4 – ES File Explorer running
Screenshot 5 – Spotify running
Screenshot 6 – Firefox running
Screenshot 7 – YouTube running
Screenshot 8 – YouTube running with perfect video quality
Screenshot 9 – Aptoide TV running