Linux For All (LFA) Build 221008 with Gnome 42.4
is a simple remaster of Ubuntu 22.04, code-named Jammy Jellyfish. It’s a total rebuild. I.e. nothing is left of the old LFA system. NOTE: Ubuntu 22.04 will be supported until April 2027.
NEWS ABOUT LFA Build 221008
1. All packages the ordinary Linux user can wish for are pre-installed. Study the full packages list.
2. Kernel 6.0.0-amd64-exton (with Debian patches) is used. You can of course switch to Ubuntu’s original kernel if you prefer.
3. The Desktop environment is Gnome 42.4. (Ubuntu’s original DE).
4. The main Web Browser is Firefox. So you can watch Netflix!
5. I have included Refracta tools (Refracta Snapshot) to make it possible for you to create your own installable Ubuntu 22.04.1 Live DVD once you have installed LFA to hard drive.
6. You can run LFA fast in RAM. Use boot alternative 2 Load to RAM – see below. The LFA ISO file is of only 1490 MB to be compared with Ubuntu’s original ISO of 2900 MB.
7. VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed , which means (among other things) that you can run LFA in VirtualBox in full screen. Watch this screenshot.
What’s new in kernel 6.0?
Screenshot 1 – Installing Grub using Refracta Installer
Screenshot 2 – Running Samba to reach Windows computers
Screenshot 3 – Refracta Installer has started
Screenshot 4 – Running Refracta Installer and keeping the user account
Screenshot 5 – Running in full screen in VirtualBox
Read about my Android-x86 Systems – 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop and KitKat at
andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 11 (with GAPPS), AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Android 12, 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at
raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 12 (without GAPPS), RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!
ExTiX 21.11 LXQt – Build 211030
I have made a new version of ExTiX – The Ultimate Linux System. I call it ExTiX 21.11 LXQt Live DVD. (The previous LXQt version was 21.5 from 210516). ExTiX 21.11 is based on a pre-release (not even BETA) of Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)! Ubuntu 22.04 will be supported until 2027. The best thing with ExTiX 21.11 is that while running the system live (from DVD/USB) or from hard drive you can use Refracta Snapshot (pre-installed) to create your own live installable Ubuntu system. So easy that a ten year child can do it! One other very good thing with this version of ExTiX is that it is quite light. The ISO file is of only 1580 MB, which means that you can run the system super fast from RAM. When the boot process is ready you can eject the DVD or USB stick. Use Boot alternative 3 or Advanced options… >> load to RAM.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since this version of ExTiX is based on a pre-release of Ubuntu you shouldn’t use it for sensitive work/business. Having said that I must also say that I haven’t found any “bugs” or so. Maybe it’s because ExTiX 21.11 uses the stable LXQt 0.17 DE (and not the more complicated Gnome DE or KDE DE).
ExTiX 21.11 LXQt DVD 64 bit is based on Debian Sid and upcoming Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. The original system includes the Desktop Environment Gnome. After removing Gnome I have installed LXQt 0.17. LXQt is the Qt port and the upcoming version of LXDE, the Lightweight Desktop Environment. It is the product of the merge between the LXDE-Qt and the Razor-qt projects: A lightweight, modular, blazing-fast and user-friendly desktop environment. NOTE: This ExTiX LXQt Build is for installation to UEFI-enabled computers. You shall use Refracta Installer for that.
My special kernel 5.14.12-exton-amd64 with all Debian patches.
1. ExTiX LXQt – root’s Desktop
2. ExTiX LXQt – live’s Desktop
3. Using Refracta Installer – chroot for installing Grub
4. ExTiX 21.11 running in full screen in VirtualBox
Read about my Android-x86 Systems – 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop and KitKat at
andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Android 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at
raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!