NEWS 180717: My build of RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 is ready. It’s the first RaspAnd build with Android Oreo 8.1 and the first RaspAnd build to work on the new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+. All installed apps (including Google Play Services and Google Play Store) have been updated to the latest available version by 180717. Read about all other included apps below. While downloading RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 Build 180717 you will also get RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 180529, which works much better than RaspAnd Oreo 8.1.
NEWS later 180717: I’ve also uploaded a mini version of RaspAnd Oreo 8.1. It has only the absolute necessary apps pre-installed. I. e. GAPPS (Google Play Services with Google Play Store) and a Browser – Via Browser (Fast and Light – Geeks Best Choice). Watch a screenshot showing all installed apps in the mini version of RaspAnd Oreo. The mini version of RaspAnd Oreo is somewhat faster than the “big” version. The advantage is also that you can install the apps you really need. REMEMBER: The fewer apps you have installed the faster RaspAnd will run.
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd Oreo
RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 Build 180717 is an Android 8.1 Oreo system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and Model B+. I have included the following apps.
1) GAPPS (Google Play Services with Google Play Store) in latest versions.
2) Spotify is not installed. Install version 4.6 via Google Play Store. It works very well!
3) Google Play Games (needed for for example Clash of Clans to run)
4) TeamViewer – control other computers from your Rpi3!
5) Via Browser
7) CM Browser
8) Aptoide TV (for installing new apps which can’t be found on Google Play Store – many many apps can be installed!)
9) ES File Explorer 184.108.40.206 working very well
11) Termux 0.60 – a very special terminal. (Use the APT package manager!)
12) Quick Reboot Pro 1.8.4
13) YouTube – unfortunately not all videos will run or they will run with bad video or sound quality (especially if you use the whole screen)
RaspAnd Oreo’s boot animation
Slideshow – showing RaspAnd’s boot procedure (for RaspAnd Nougat, but…)
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – showing all installed apps
Screenshot 4 – Google Play Store running
Screenshot 5 – Spotify running
Screenshot 6 – TeamViewer running and controlling my PC
Screenshot 7 – Developer options
Screenshot 8 – Quick Reboot Pro running
Screenshot 9 – showing all installed apps and extra apps
Screenshot 10 – AIDA64 running
Screenshot 11 – YouTube running with perfect video and sound quality – the small picture/video down to the right