Mex Linux is no longer based on Linux Mint. MeX Build 211207 is based only on Debian Sid and upcoming Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish. I have replaced the original kernel (5.13) with “my” special kernel 5.15.5-exton-amd64-rt21. All installed packages in MeX Linux have been upgraded to the latest version by 211207. This version of MeX uses the Ubuntu Desktop Minimal. I.e. Gnome 40. The very nice icon theme Papirus is installed and used.
MORE MeX NEWS 211207
1. The MeX ISO is now a ISO-hybrid, which means that it can very easily be transferred (copied) to a USB pen drive.
2. Another big improvement is that MeX now can run from RAM. Use Boot alternative 2 (load to RAM). When the system has booted up you can eject the disc (DVD)/USB stick. You’ll need at least 2 GB RAM to run MeX that way. The ISO file is of only 1400 MB so MeX will run super fast from RAM!
3. I have replaced Google Chrome with Firefox. Google Chrome is no longer needed to be able to run Netflix in Linux.
4. The best thing with this new MeX build – Create your own installable Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Live DVD with Refracta Snapshot (pre-installed)! The whole “remaster process” is so simple that a 10 year old child can do it.
5. I have installed Calamares Installer as in many of my other Linux builds. Calamares is an installer framework. By design it is very customizable, in order to satisfy a wide variety of needs and use cases. Very easy to use. You can use Calamares to install MeX on both UEFI computers and non UEFI computers (for example VirtualBox and VMware).
6. VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed so you can run MeX in full screen in VirtualBox. Watch this screenshot.
Who can benefit from MeX?
All who like Debian/Ubuntu and want a system that is easy to use and maintain. And of course those who want to create their own Ubuntu 22.04 LTS system in a very simple way with Refracta Snapshot. Regarding MeX also those who want to run a Linux system super fast from RAM and/or like to run Linux from a USB flash drive. And those who want a new kernel – 5.15.5 and be among the very first people to have Ubuntu 22.04 LTS stable installed in April 2022.
Screenshot 1 – Refracta Snapshot running)
Screenshot 2 – Ubuntu Desktop with Calamares Installer running
Screenshot 3 – Showing a Samba connection
Screenshot 4 – live’s Desktop
Screenshot 5 – root’s Desktop
Screenshot 6 – MeX running in full screen in VirtualBox
andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Android 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at
raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!