ABOUT my MX Linux Remix 191018
MX Linux (based on Debian) is by far the most popular Linux system in the world according to DistroWatch.com. I tested MX Linux two days ago and noticed immediately that one can change the MX system and create a new ISO with MX Snapshot.
So today I quickly made a remix of MX Linux 18.3 (released in May 2019) using MX Snapshot.
My changes of the original MX system
1. All packages are upgraded from Stretch (Debian 9) to Buster (Debian 10). Study the full LIST.
2. The original kernel 4.19 is replaced by “my” kernel 5.3.6-exton. You can download my kernel if you want to use it in another MX/Debian/Ubuntu/Mint system.
3. Some cosmetic changes. I.e. new wallpapers.
Everything in my remix works very well. You can of course make your own MX remix with my remix as “groundwork”.
Login to the Xfce4 Desktop as live with password live or as root with password root – screenshot.
1. root’s Desktop
2. live’s Desktop
3. Connection to a Windows computer with Samba
4. MX Snapshot running
5. MX USB Creator running
6. MX Exton Remix booting up live
7. MX Exton Remix booting up from hard drive
8. MX Exton Remix install to USB stick (for UEFI enabled computers)
This Remix of MX Linux has been replaced by version 200501…
andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 3/2 at
raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd Pie 9.0 (without GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (with GAPPS)!