NEWS 210520 ABOUT ExTiX Deepin
I’ve released a new version of ExTiX Deepin today (210520). This ExTiX Build is based on Deepin 20.2.1 released by Deepin Technology 210513.
NEW FUNCTIONS etc
1. You can run ExTiX from RAM. Use boot alternative 2 (load to RAM) or Advanced. A wonderful way to run Linux if you have enough RAM. Everything will be super fast. When ExTiX has booted up you can remove the DVD or USB stick.
2. You will have the opportunity to choose language before you enter the Deepin 20.2.1 Desktop. All main languages are supported.
3. I have replaced Deepin Installer with the Reborn version of Deepin Installer. Works better in every way.
4. I have replaced kernel 5.10.4-exton with kernel 5.12.4-exton. Corresponding the second latest available stable kernel 5.12.4 from Kernel.org.
5. Spotify and Skype are pre-installed.
6. You can watch Netflix while running Firefox.
7. You can install ExTiX Deepin also in VirtualBox/VMware using Refracta Installer or Deepin Installer. (In previous versions you had to “chroot” into the install partition and install Grub).
8. As an alternative to Apt you can use the Cactus Package Manager. Example commands: cpm i mousepad and cpm s gimp. (Install Mousepad and search for Gimp). CPM works very well.
9. Install ExTiX to a USB stick preferably with Rufus 3.14 in Windows.
10. In version 210520 I’ve also included Refracta Installer. Use it in VirtualBox if you want to have an exact copy of ExTiX Deepin installed. You don’t have to “chroot” to install Grub. Just choose to “Copy Grub files” when asked to. Watch this screenshot.
11. VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed. With those installed you can run ExTiX in full screen in VirtualBox. Watch this screenshot.
I may add that there is no other live version of Deepin 20.2.1.
1. ExTiX Deepin 21.5-2 Desktop
2. Spotify is running
3. YouTube is running
4. ExTiX showing a Samba connection to a Windows computer
5. ExTiX running in full screen in VirtualBox (VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed)
6. Netflix is running in Firefox
about my Android 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!