NEWS about ArchEX 210526
A new version of ArchEX is ready! In this new version, which I call ArchEX 2021, I have added the Deepin 20.2.1 (latest) Desktop environment. Deepin (made in China!) is devoted to providing a beautiful, easy to use, safe and reliable system for global users. I came to like Deepin very much when I installed it in ExTiX 21.5-2. So I thought why not install Deepin also in ArchEX? Furthermore I have added the GNOME 40 (latest) and LXQt 0.17 (latest) Desktop environments. As “extra” Desktop environments I’ve added Gnome Classic and LXDE. So altogether five (5) different Desktops environments to try out while running ArchEX live or from hard drive!
Study all installed packages in ArchEX 2021 with Deepin/GNOME 40/Gnome Classic/LXQt/LXDE.
Why trust a Chinese Distribution? The Deepin Desktop environment is developed in China and basically based on Debian.
How To dual boot, triple boot or multi boot Linux with Windows in a simple way and be happy
Before installing ArchEX or any other Linux system my general installation instructions may be of interest.
WHAT IS ArchEX?
ArchEX 64 bit is a new (210526) Linux live DVD based on Arch Linux. Arch motto is KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). ArchEX uses kernel 5.12.6-arch1-1, Deepin 20.2.1, GNOME 40, GNOME Classic, LXDE and LXQt 0.17.0 Desktop environments. Deepin Desktop (made in China!) is devoted to providing a beautiful, easy to use, safe and reliable system for global users. About LXQt 0.17.0: LXQt is a lightweight Qt desktop environment. It will not get in your way. It will not hang or slow down your system. It is focused on being a classic desktop with a modern look and feel. GNOME 40 provides a focused working environment that helps you get things done. It is packed with features that will make you more productive.
WHO should run Arch Linux?
My answer: The system fits the “advanced” Linux user/enthusiast, who would be willing to run an occasional command from time to time.
BENEFITS of ArchEX/Arch Linux
“Cutting Edge”-software and speed. You will for example always run the latest kernel if you upgrade ArchEX/Arch (for example) every month.
1. ArchEX Deepin Desktop
2. ArchEX GNOME 40 Desktop
3. ArchEX LXQt Desktop
4. ArchEX LXDE Desktop
5. ArchEX Gnome Classic Desktop
6. ArchEX running Spotify
7. ArchEX running in VirtualBox with VirtualBox Guest Additions installed
Read about my Android-x86 Systems – 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop and KitKat at andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Android 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!
NEWS 210520 ABOUT ExTiX Deepin
I’ve released a new version of ExTiX Deepin today (210520). This ExTiX Build is based on Deepin 20.2.1 released by Deepin Technology 210513.
NEW FUNCTIONS etc
1. You can run ExTiX from RAM. Use boot alternative 2 (load to RAM) or Advanced. A wonderful way to run Linux if you have enough RAM. Everything will be super fast. When ExTiX has booted up you can remove the DVD or USB stick.
2. You will have the opportunity to choose language before you enter the Deepin 20.2.1 Desktop. All main languages are supported.
3. I have replaced Deepin Installer with the Reborn version of Deepin Installer. Works better in every way.
4. I have replaced kernel 5.10.4-exton with kernel 5.12.4-exton. Corresponding the second latest available stable kernel 5.12.4 from Kernel.org.
5. Spotify and Skype are pre-installed.
6. You can watch Netflix while running Firefox.
7. You can install ExTiX Deepin also in VirtualBox/VMware using Refracta Installer or Deepin Installer. (In previous versions you had to “chroot” into the install partition and install Grub).
8. As an alternative to Apt you can use the Cactus Package Manager. Example commands: cpm i mousepad and cpm s gimp. (Install Mousepad and search for Gimp). CPM works very well.
9. Install ExTiX to a USB stick preferably with Rufus 3.14 in Windows.
10. In version 210520 I’ve also included Refracta Installer. Use it in VirtualBox if you want to have an exact copy of ExTiX Deepin installed. You don’t have to “chroot” to install Grub. Just choose to “Copy Grub files” when asked to. Watch this screenshot.
11. VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed. With those installed you can run ExTiX in full screen in VirtualBox. Watch this screenshot.
I may add that there is no other live version of Deepin 20.2.1.
1. ExTiX Deepin 21.5-2 Desktop
2. Spotify is running
3. YouTube is running
4. ExTiX showing a Samba connection to a Windows computer
5. ExTiX running in full screen in VirtualBox (VirtualBox Guest Additions are pre-installed)
6. Netflix is running in Firefox
Read about my Android-x86 Systems – 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow, Lollipop and KitKat at andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX 10 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Pie 9.0 (also with GAPPS)! and about my Android 11, 10, Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 and 3/2 at raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd 11 (with GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!