WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 150726?
1. ExLight is now based on Ubuntu 15.04 (alias Vivid Vervet) and Debian 8.1 Jessie.
2. I have upgraded the Desktop environment Enlightenment (Beauty at your fingertips) to version 0.19.7.
3. I have replaced kernel 3.18.0-10-exton with kernel 4.0.0-4-exton.
Feature OVERVIEW for the Linux 4.0 kernel
The Desktop Environment is Enlightenment 0.19.7. (Beauty at your fingertips). Kernel 4.0.0-4-exton is used. (Kernel.org‘s kernel 4.0.7). Program content: Synaptic, GParted, Wicd, PCManFM, Google Chrome (for watching Netflix movies) and Gimp. Furthermore compilation tools so that you can install programs from source. I have also included Nvidia Graphic driver 352.21. It has support for the following GPUs: GeForce 800A, GeForce 800M, GeForce GTX 970M and GeForce GTX 980M. Study the full program LIST. All programs have been updated to the latest available version as at July 26, 2015.
MORE ABOUT Exlight build 150726
This is my best build of ExLight ever! Everything works and runs super fast.
See two screenshots of the ExLight Enlightenment 0.19.7 Desktop – pic 1 and pic 2
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 150126?
1. ExLight is now based on upcoming Ubuntu 15.04 (alias Vivid Vervet) and Debian Jessie.
2. I have upgraded the Desktop environment Enlightenment (Beauty at your fingertips) to version 0.19.1.
3. I have replaced kernel 3.16.0-21-exton with kernel 3.18.0-10-exton.
4. ExLight’s ISO file is now a ISO-hybrid, which means that it can very easily be transferred (copied) to a USB pen drive. You can then even run ExLight from the USB stick and save all your system changes on the stick. I.e. you will enjoy persistence! I’ve found two scripts which make the installation to USB very simple. The scripts are quite ingenious. My tests show that they work flawlessly on USB installations of all normal Ubuntu systems. Read my INSTRUCTION how to use the scripts.
5. Another big improvement is that ExLight can run from RAM. Use Boot alternative 3 (Copy to RAM). When the system has booted up you can remove the disc (DVD) or USB stick. You’ll need at least 2 GB RAM to run ExLight that way.
6. The installation program Ubiquity (live installer) is now working as intended in ExLight version 150126. I.e. a new user (your user) will be created during the installation process.
7. I have installed Nvidia Graphic driver 346.35.
8. The ISO file has decreased in size from 1200 MB to 768 MB. It means that the system will run faster from DVD or USB stick. When you run ExLight from RAM everything will be superfast!
The Desktop Environment is Enlightenment 0.19.1. (Beauty at your fingertips). Kernel 3.18.0-10-exton is used. (Kernel.org‘s kernel 3.18.3). Program content: Synaptic, GParted, Wicd, AbiWord, PCManFM, Google Chrome (for watching Netflix movies) and Gimp. Also some additions in order to install programs from source. Study the full program LIST. All packages have been updated to the latest available version as at January 26, 2015.
The system language is English.
See a screenshot of the Enlightenment 0.19.1 Desktop