ABOUT RaspAnd Pie 9 – Build 190315
RaspAnd Pie 9 runs very well on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and 3 Model B+. I.e. the system is pretty responsive if you use a micro SD card of good quality. RaspAnd Pie has the following apps pre-installed: Google Chrome, Aptoide App Manager, Aida64, Rotation Control Pro, Nova Launcher, Termux and ES File Explorer. Unfortunately not Google Play Store, but Aptoide works as a good replacement for it.
ABOUT Android Pie 9, which was released 180806…
1. The Desktop after first boot
2. Changing wallpaper with ES File Manager
3. Installing Spotify with Aptoide – (Spotify works very well)
4. Running Spotify
5. Running Termux – you can use Apt!
6. Wifi Settings – (Wifi works very well)
7. Aida64 running showing the system info
8. Screenshot showing all pre-installed apps
NEWS 20170309 ABOUT exGENT
I’ve made yet a new version (20170309) of exGENT based on Gentoo Linux. It uses Xfce 4.12.1 and kernel 4.9.12. It is for the 64 bit architecture. I call it exGENT 2017 Xfce4 Live DVD. It replaces version 20170303. The ISO file is of 2670 MB due to the fact that this version has a lot of packages pre-installed. Despite this exGENT version 170309 runs surprisingly fast from DVD or USB. Even in VirtualBox and VMware. Faster than most other Linux live systems. All installed packages in exGENT have been updated to the latest available version by 170309.
What’s new in exGENT Build 170309?
The boot loader Grub Legacy has been replaced by Grub2. I started this build in the hope that I should be able to implement a new independent installer program called Calamares. I wasn’t able to do it now though. (Many dependencies to satisfy). My old installer script will have to do until I find a solution. Anyway, I think exGENT Build 170309 can be of interest because of the change to Grub2 and the fact that it has one of the newest kernels installed. MOST IMPORTANT: In versions before this one (170309) the file system wasn’t writable when running exGENT live (from DVD). Now you can emerge (install) new programs/packages even while running the system from a DVD or USB stick. If you do that and later decide to install exGENT to hard drive all your changes will follow! Furthermore you can install/transfer exGENT to a USB stick with the dd command in Linux or use Etcher and Rufus in Windows. Watch a screenshot when Etcher is running. Such installations were impossible before.
My special kernel 4.9.12-aufs-gentoo-exton corresponding Kernel.org’s kernel 4.9.12.
exGENT running Nvidia config
exGENT running Brasero
About Linux For All (LFA) Build 170121
The system is based on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS and Debian Jessie. It’s a total rebuild. I.e. nothing is left of the old LFA system.
NEWS ABOUT LFA Build 170121
1. This is a very BIG system (2020 MB). All packages the ordinary Linux user can wish for are pre-installed. Study the full packages list.
2. Kernel 4.9.0-15-exton corresponding Kernel.org’s latest stable kernel 4.9.5 is used. It was released yesterday (170120). You can download “my” kernel and install it in another Ubuntu/Debian system (if you want).
3. I have installed Nvidia’s latest proprietary graphics driver 375.26.
4. The Desktop environment is LXDE – Designed to be user friendly and slim, while keeping the resource usage low.
5. The main Web Browser is Google Chrome. So you can watch Netflix!
6. I have installed Wine just to be able to install Firefox for Windows (which I have done). The Windows version is needed if you want to watch HBO Movies/HBO Nordic. The Pepper Flash plugin just doesn’t work anymore in Ubuntu. With Wine installed you can install many other Windows programs using PlayOnLinux. (Also pre-installed by me).
1. LFA Build 170121 running Firefox for Windows and HBO Movies
2. LFA Build 170121 running Wicd Preferences and sudo iwconfig
3. LFA Build 170121 running Nvidia Preferences and Synaptic
4. LFA Build 170121 running PlayOnLinux for installing Windows programs
5. LFA Build 170121 running Rufus and Wine
6. LFA Build 170121 running Samba to reach Windows computers
NOTE: If you want to Build your own live installable Ubuntu 16.10 system you can download LFA Build 161114, which has Refracta Snapshot pre-installed. I was not able to include Refracta Snapshot in Build 170121.