WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 161016?
NOTE: Version 161016 replaces version 160810.
1. ExLight is now based on Ubuntu 16.10 (alias Yakkety Yak) and Debian 8.6 Jessie.
2. I have upgraded the Desktop environment Enlightenment (Beauty at your fingertips) to version 0.20.99.0 (from 0.19.12).
3. I have replaced kernel 4.6.0-10-exlight with my special kernel 4.8.0-21-exton corresponding Kernel.org’s stable kernel 4.8. If you want to use “my” kernel in another Ubuntu/Debian system you can download it.
4. ExLight’s ISO file is now a ISO-hybrid, which means that it can very easily be transferred (copied) to a USB pen drive. You can then even run ExLight from the USB stick and save all your system changes on the stick. I.e. you will enjoy persistence!
5. Another big improvement is that ExLight can run from RAM. Use Boot alternative 3 (Copy to RAM). When the system has booted up you can remove the disc (DVD) or USB stick. You’ll need at least 2 GB RAM to run ExLight that way.
6. The installation program Ubiquity (live installer) is now working as intended in ExLight version 161016. I.e. a new user (your user) will be created during the installation process.
7. I have installed Nvidia’s proprietary graphics driver 370.28.
8. I have added seven animated wallpapers.
The Desktop Environment is Enlightenment 0.20.99.0 (Beauty at your fingertips). Kernel 4.8.0-21-exton is used. (Kernel.org‘s stable kernel 4.8). Program content: Libre Office, Synaptic, GParted, SMPlayer (an alternative to Vlc), Wicd, PCManFM, Google Chrome (for watching Netflix movies) and Gimp. Furthermore compilation tools so that you can install programs from source. I have also included Nvidia’s proprietary graphics driver 370.28. It has support for the following GPUs (among others): GeForce 10, GeForce 900, GeForce 800A, GeForce 800M, GeForce 700, Quadro Series, GeForce GTX 970M and GeForce GTX 980M. Study the full ExLight program LIST. All programs have been updated to the latest available version as at October 16, 2016.
The system language is English.